Detecting a urinary problem at an early stage can keep your feline healthy and fit. Urinal issue is commonly seen in cats between the ages of 1 to 4. You will see the abnormal behavior of your cat.
Signs to detect the cat urinal problem:
• Urinating at odd places other than litter box
• Blood in urine
• Straining while urinating
• Disliking the food
• Blockage of the flow of urine from the bladder to outside body which decreases the volume of pee
• Peeing frequently
Classification of Cat Urinary Tract Problems and Infections
• Upper urinary problem- It shows the infection in the kidney which filters the waste from the blood and passes it to the bladder.
• Feline lower urinary tract disease (FLUTD) - It shows the infection in the bladder and the urethral that connect bladder and outside body.
Lower urinary problem is commonly seen compared to an upper urinary problem. This disease can occur in any breed of cat irrespective of male or female but it is more likely to see in male cat because of their narrower urethras.
Cause of the Cat Urinal Problem
A Lower urinary disease is a complex of diseases. There are a bunch of causes, like a bladder infection, a bladder stone, bladder’s inflammation and sometimes it can cause urinal cancer as well. Stress plays a part in urinal infection but not a primary cause.
What to do for your Cat - Cat Has Urinary Tract Disease?
If your cat is not facing any problem related to stone or crystal then you need to visit your vet as soon as possible to check if there is any major problem or not? But if your feline has a blockage of urethra then it can be a problem of food. ?It is our responsibility to take care of our cat and provide essential cat supplies and cat supplements for better recovery. Nutrition is a role model for managing the diseases responsible for the urinary problem. Diet of your cat varies according to their condition.
Many a time Diet enriched with protein and low carbohydrates are suggested for a cat suffering from diabetes. Few diets act as controller of acidic level in the body of the cats that tend to develop a stone or crystals in the urine. A visit to your vet would act as a guide to you for managing your cat’s diet.
Prevention of urinal track issues in Cats
• Always keep a clean and fresh drinking water for your cat.
• Feed moist food than dry food.
• Keep your cat stress free
• Regular exercise.
A periodical check-up of your feline is a wise step to prevent and protect your pet from the urinal problem.